Tuesday, December 9, 2008

She's done it again......

Of course I am talking about Little Miss Ellie.....Yesterday morning she woke up and decided to make the day crazy for Mom and Dad!!! It started with Marlie bringing us the bottle of children's Motrin and telling us that Ellie got the lid off and was drinking it....It was still pretty full so I new it wasn't to much to worry about, I took it and put it on the dresser in our room and laid back down...it was still early, anyway about 20 minutes later Ellie brought me the bottle again, this time it was empty....Of course we both jumped out of bed hoping that she just dumped it out somewhere and was playing in it!!!! We couldn't find it anywhere so I smelled her mouth and sure enough it smelled like the Motrin! We asked her what she did with it and she didn't really answer, finally after talking to her for a few minutes she told us she drank it:( I called the Dr. in a panic and they sent us to the dreaded ER. What a wonderful time that was...they rushed her right in to a trauma room and you always know something is wrong when there are about 20 people rushing around in the room and hooking her up to monitors and telling me everything will be okay!!!! Needless to say everything turned out okay, They made her drink that Oh so yummy Charcoal, and had her hooked up to an IV for a few hours!!! They watched her for a while and then finally sent us home!!! We had to take her to the Dr today for a follow-up and the Doc said she is just fine!! I have now learned the hard way that a child proof lid doesn't mean anything!!!!

4 comments:

JoRae aka Lolae said...

Oh, that really sucks. I hate the ER too, and the waiting. My husband thinks we need to put our medicine in a locked cabinet. I disagreed, but now that I have heard this story, . . . I think maybe. By the way, we keep meaning to get together, one of these days lets.

Erin S said...

First she eats toothpaste and now she is drinking Motrin?!?! Wow, you definetely have your hands full with her! Aren't those lids supposed to be childproof or something?

Brittany said...

Jill--I found your blog link on Erin's! Your girls are SO cute! In fact, cute isn't the right word -- they are beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about Ellie's adventures. Some day you will laugh about it. I wonder what would make her want to drink that stuff? I can't imagine it tastes very good.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, that's so scary! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. -Lindsay Kemeny