Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!"

So I am asking the question...why do things always fall off the wall...crash to the floor...shatter...with the loudest bang IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?????
James and I have had quit the adventure with this, when we lived in our town house this was
very common, but are nerves were never settled from it...we woke one night to hearing the loudest crash in our bathroom (the first thing I yelled of course was) GET YOUR GUN!!!!
James obviously wasn't as scared as me so he went to check it out and it was the stupid shampoo/soap dispenser (that was there when we moved in) that was attached to the side of the shower wall that had fallen into the bathtub...gggrrrr I was so mad!!!! Another night while James was working the graveyard shift I heard a huge loud crash downstairs (side note...whenever James is at work at night I sleep with the phone under my pillow) I immediatly grabbed the phone and without even thinking I dialed 911...realizing what I had done I hung up!!! STUPID thing to do, being the wife of a police officer I know that you never hang up once you have dialed 911!!! So I called James frantic, because I still don't know what is going on down stairs, he stays on the phone with me while I hesitantly go and check it out. Yet again another freak of nature thing...the coat rack had fallen over slamming into the wall on its way down!! So the other line rings and I saw that it was 911, James said they are going to want to come to the house and walk through it to make sure everything is okay...so I answered it and told them what had happened and they still insisted on sending an officer over...James called them and explained again what had happened and that his wife is a little paranoid, so they didn't come!!! By this time I am starting to think that our house is Haunted!!! (sorry this is turning into a really long post) A few months before we moved out yet again in the middle of the night (james was home this time) a loud crash with shattering glass!!! Again I yell GET YOUR GUN!!!!! I think he got it that time!! He goes running down the stairs and I slowly followed...he searched everywhere and couldn't find anything, so I came down and we looked everywhere again. I opened the bathroom door only to find the bathroom mirror had fallen off the wall and shattered everywhere, it broke the toilet seat and cracked the counter and dented the floor!!! Thank heavens know one was in there!! How does that happen...it even ripped off drywall!!!! I really think the house is haunted now!!!! So we moved:) LOL No not because the house was haunted!!!! Last week in the middle of the night a birdhouse fell off a shelf in the laundry room...it was flat and on the back of the shelf!!!!! Hello how does that happen!!! Anyway this brings me to why I am posting this today....James was working last night and yet again another crash...No I didn't call 911...I went a searched in Gage's room (because thats where the sound came from) and a perfectly standing picture and piggy bank fell off his dresser!!!! What is going on...All I can say is that if we do have ghosts living with us, they sure are clumsy!!!! They could atleast make things crash during the day and not "ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!"

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Yikes! That would freak me out, too! At least it wakes you up and keeps you on your toes! Sometimes I'm such a deep sleeper that I'm afraid when we have this baby I am not going to wake up when he cries!

Erin S said...

Haha, Jill, you are so funny!!! I would be freaked out too! That is kinda crazy how many times things have fallen in the middle of the night. Maybe you do have ghosts??

Candria said...

Strange.... Maybe you live on a fault line.... craziness! Fun post though!

Greg and Heather said...

that would totally freak me out! i wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night! and of course your husband has to be gone some nights. that alone would make me scared.

Meghann said...

Hi Jill, I found your blog through Fru Gals hope you don't mind me taking a peek :) This is a lot of crashes for one household, I'd be wondering what's up as well. See you tomorrow!